Seeing light

Tuesday Dec. 18, 2007

New London - It seems that I had a good lighting day. The shot above was a last minute, "we did not have enough art", desparation stand-alone photo on deadline, and believe me, I wish I could be this desperate more often. Late afternoon winter light in Connecticut can be wonderful. I just wish that I had arrived here twenty minutes earlier, or that this woman was taller.

Lyme - This is a portrait of sorts. This gentleman owns a statue of Santa Claus that he keeps in a large window over-looking the road outside of his garage. He has been doing this for many years. This year however someone offered to buy Santa. He was about to go ahead with the sale when his neighbors began an outcry as to "where did Santa go?" So whether it be the time of year (or maybe he will sell Santa off in January) the owner decided to keep Santa in his usual place. And they all lived happily ever after.

1 comment:

John Galayda said...

sweet find during your feature Tim! Happy Holidays!