Also rans

Here are some shots that I was planning on posting but did not have the time.


Saturday Sept. 22nd - Groton - The USS Augusta returns to the Sub Base after its final deployment. She heads to decomissioning from here. This was a bit sad because this was one of the three submarines that I have ridden. It was the shortest trip of the bunch (lasting roughly 1 hour, but hey, it counts)

Tuesday Sept. 18th - Fishers Island Sound - Sandbaggers (1800s working harbor boats) Bear and Bull cruise the sound off of Noank. There was a third sandbagger from the Mystic Seaport which was our local link. Bear and Bull are from New Jersey. The local boat did not make the shot.

Saturday Sept. 22nd - New London - What else do you photograph at a music festival when there are no bands playing?

Friday Sept. 21st - New London - Four hours before going to the NEAPNEA banquet I was sludging my way through the storm water drainage pipes under the mean streets of New London. This is not a sewer, just storm water. They had completely filled with sediment causing mass flooding in downtown New London during heavy rains. Here is the progress that the clean-up crews have made.

We are not men, we are DEVO! The best part of the drainage pipe assignment was that I got to wear this rockin' DEVO suit! The only thing missing is the upside-down flower pot on my head. I recognize that many of you may have no idea about what the hell I am talking about. DEVO was a great band from the early 80s that wore crazy outfits, not unlike this one. For those of you who do know what I am talking about...WHIP IT GOOD!

No comments: