Postcards from Nantucket

Friday Sept. 14th - Monday Sept. 17th

Nantucket - That's right, bag this photojournalism crap! I am opening a bike shop on Nantucket! Later suckers!

Just kidding of course. I surprised Emily with a long weekend on the island. And when I say "surprised" that means that she did not know our final destination until we were at the ticket counter at T.F. Green airport. Here we are about to board our mighty steed.

Here was our first view of the island as we were on final approach.


It is one thing for a man when your girlfriend asks you to hold her purse. But it is another when she leaves her funny looking dog in it.


Here we are hitting the wonderful island bike paths on Sunday. Mind you I had not been on a bike in over a decade, and needless to say that our 19-mile treck left me a little sore until about...oh, midweek.


She was on sale, but we didn't buy her.


Sunrise breakfast menu, and yes it tasted as good as it sounds.


Man, I guess he was thirsty! I think this should be the new logo for the island of Nantucket, what do you think?


And finally no short vacation is complete with out the romantic shot by the lighthouse. The only reason that this was not at sunset was due to the fact that our flight left at 4:10 p.m.

3 comments:

John Galayda said...

There once was a man from Nantucket....

Great shots, Tim. Also, congrats on your NEAPNEAs.

Tim Cook said...

Thanks!

You know I cannot remember how that naughty limerick goes...not that I want a referser either.

Hats off to you too, I heard you name called.

Paul Fitz said...

Cool photo Tim, Julia would say something along the lines of..."awwwwwww"