Mark this day...

Tuesday July 24, 2007

East Lyme - No, this is not my entry in the "bad self-portrait" competition. This indeed is an interesting moment in my career. Today was the first time that I shot and completed an assignment for The Day using a video camera, instead of a still camera. There are many differences in mind-set when you shoot video. You have to concentrate on audio, and you always have to keep track of where you are in telling your story. Every assignment turns into a photo-essay. Editing is a whole new world when trying to blend audio tracks with moving images. Needless to say The Day's new web editor will be helping me there for some time to come. Overall, I would say that my ture love remains in creating the still image. That is where I have been for the last 16 years, so naturally video will take some time to get use to. Video is interesting, and has a lot of possibilites. I am just not Steven Spielberg yet. Click here to see the video

No comments: