Thursday Aug. 30, 2007


Montville - This is a portrait of a couple that are very likely to have their home and property taken from them by eminent domain. What you see in the background will someday be a highway off-ramp. Progress is a hard thing to gauge somedays when it is measured in displaced lives. The property in question has been in this man's family for several generations. Certainly something needs to be done with the road that the new highway is planned to help releive, and I am sure that the family will be somehow compensated. I just wonder if this couple lived in a million dollar home if they would still be packing their bags.

2 comments:

ross taylor said...

hey, nice light tim!

Kate, Lendell and Naomi said...

I love this photo. Next time we are home can I steal you for an hour to teach me about this lighting? Amazing. You continue to be my idol!