Musical Saturday

May 19, 2007

New London - The Ancient Mariners of Connecticut perform before the Jibboom Club parade as part of New London's Maritime Day celebration. This use to be a big deal in New London back when whaling was still a big deal in New London. The Jibboom Club parade saw New London's streets lined with people. Now, not so much. This was the first year in roughly half a century that the parade was held. Personnaly I just like the name "Jibboom".


Stonington - Earlier and several towns away I took this shot of musician J.C. Hatfield performing at the Stonington Vineyards Wine and Food festival. J.C. is lit with a new remote, off camera flash technique that I am working on. I am controlling the lighting from my camera roughly 40 yards away. Pretty cool.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am a member of the Ancient Mariners and I just found this photo. Really nice. Can I use it on our blog (themariners.org) as a reference back to your site?

Tim Cook said...

Hi Greg,

Technically this photo is property of The Day Publishing Co. and I cannot grant you the right to publish it.

However, where you are not making any money off of your site, and do not plan to use the photo as an advertisement, I would say that there is no harm done here, and to go ahead. I am pretty sure that no one would have a problem with the photos re-use. I will check with my editors and get back to you if it is a problem.