Around Bucca

Sunday May 18, 2008

Camp Bucca, Iraq - Here are some general favorite photos that I took from around the forward operating base. Most of these are just general everyday scenes which is a lot of what I saw while I was there. For those of you who saw these on theday.com, sorry for the repeat.




This is a stray dog that adopted the troops guarding a highway intersection outside Bucca. I say the dog adopted them, which is the way they saw it too.


Christmas in April


This is one of our local submariners in his 8 man pod.



This is from our flight back to Kuwait. I missed a better opportunity to take a shot like this over Baghdad when the door gunners were manning their guns, but they made me sit in the middle of the cabin, and try as I might, I could not get the angle. I tried channeling Larry Burrows none the less.

No comments: