Postcards from Burlington

May 27-31, 2007


Burlington, VT - Eat your heart our Ansel Adams! Moonrise over Camel's Hump, I know what a strange name for a mountain. Here are some shots from vaca. Some of my best, and some of the stranger things that I saw.


A sunset cruise on Tuesday night, the only night that we had a proper sunset. I now know that I missed my true calling. I am going to buy a sailboat and run tours for the rest of my days and die a happy man.


Hula-Hoop crossing???? How great would it have been if I could have caught someone crossing the road while hula-hooping.


Crow Bookshop, just a cool used book store with good colors.


Why does Burlington have Flying Monkeys on the roofs of the waterfront buildings...I have no idea, but this is my kind of city.


Nevermind Burlington, Em and I spent some time on the Moon! Actually this is Huntington Gorge. This crack in the rock was only about a foot long, the gorge stretches for over a quarter mile.


One more from the sunset cruise. Yes, I want to go back. Reality is just not as much fun sometimes.

2 comments:

John Galayda said...

Tim-
I've been known to hula hoop in the middle of traffic.

And I think I've missed my calling as a sailboat captain as well...Pirate Booty, Sea Legs, and Scurvy all sound good to me!

Tim Cook said...

AAARRRGH MATEY!!!

Welcome to Capt. Cook's sailin' ship, now hoist the main sail you bilge-rat!